Get Levinitized
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Obama Lies the website
Barack Obama Lies
Hey Tweeties
TRY IT OUT
The Great One

tune into Levin Live Here,The Great One

Tall Lawrence Part I

Go down

Tall Lawrence Part I Empty Tall Lawrence Part I

Arrow
“Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” ~ GK Chesterton
The next Dawg Blog entry was going to be about the races in Tenn but we'll save that one for Monday.
I decided that a good topic for tonight would be tolerance. If only we could get a nickel for every time this word was used in 2012. It's a biggie.

We know when someone says something is hard to tolerate they mean it's difficult to put up with. When we hear that someone has a high tolerance for pain they can take a lot of pain before it makes them more uncomfortable than they can bear.

Then there is the dictionary definition:
a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry.
a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
interest in and concern for ideas, opinions, practices, etc., foreign to one's own; a liberal, undogmatic viewpoint.
the act or capacity of enduring; endurance: My tolerance of noise is limited.
Medicine/Medical, Immunology .
a.
the power of enduring or resisting the action of a drug, poison, etc.: a tolerance to antibiotics.
b.
the lack of or low levels of immune response to transplanted tissue or other foreign substance that is normally immunogenic.
DICTIONARY.COM

Let's focus on 2 parts there; the word permissiveness and freedom from bigotry.
We all know what racism and prejudice are. People who lack respect for the dignity of other persons usually name call and we know what those names are. Words have meaning. The point of these words,based on skin color, is to have everyone believe they are who HE/SHE thinks they are.
They believe that they are superior in some way and thus have the right;. How we treat someone usually says more about us than about person we're speaking to.

The n word was used to keep blacks in a place bigots thought they belonged. However, lately i've heard Herman Cain called names such as "Uncle Tom,Ruckus,Sell out. etc. How this is NOT bigotry is beyond me. Again,people are looking at a group of people and determining those ppl are who they believe them to be.
They deem themselves superior in some way.

There are 2 ideas that we must get straight;
1. freedom doesn't mean we can do whatever we want. Freedom is the right to do the moral good or ought.Doing whatever we please is license and a culture that believes we can do whatever want is practicing licentiousness-not freedom. We are never free to commit a morally evil act. We can(obviously)but there's no right to do so.
2. Tolerance means i am willing to accept people who are different than myself in some way because all human beings have dignity. Permissiveness means i am wiling to accept evil.
Nobody has to tolerate evil. We don't let people who infringe upon our rights with violence roam freely among us doing harm.

So i get this 'tweet' the other day saying I'm not black and would not understand.(in reference to Herman Can in some way,not sure what). Probably true. Some things are simply out of the realm of my own experience. Nothing to argue here.
Not my doing. Skin tone is based on melanin. If you're gonna be black you're gonna be black and if you're gonna be white you're gonna be white. Melanin.

Herman Cain is attacked not because he's black. He's attacked because he's a black conservative and were he a black LIBERAL everything would be hunky dory. One of the things(of many)
I admire about Mr Cain is that he is comfortable in his own skin. He's proud of being who he is and that includes black.
BTW> I disagree strongly with Pres Obama not because he's black; it's because he's Marxist and that goes for his buddy there David Axelrod and his other buddy in the WH Valerie Jarret. Both white and both Marxist.
need:
Sad

boxerpaws
boxerpaws
Admin

https://getlevinitized.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit