Get Levinitized
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Obama Lies the website
Barack Obama Lies
Hey Tweeties
TRY IT OUT
The Great One

tune into Levin Live Here,The Great One

Happy Mothers Day

Go down

Happy Mothers Day Empty Happy Mothers Day

To all the mom's out there and a special one to mine of course.
Happy Mothers Day Mother10
in honor of our Blessed Mother and my own mother who passed away after a long battle with cancer. Marie was born on September 8, 1923 and passed away on Tuesday, June 23, 2009.She went to be with dad who died on July 23, 2008.They both passed at home. ( i do not believe in nursing homes except in cases where a a person is so bad they simply can't be cared for at home. )Mom and dad were both at home-except for the trips to the hospital-till the day they died.
There are many things i remember about mom. She was never too busy to stop and talk to anyone. This meant long visits to the store;but her smile and happy "how are you?" can't be forgotten.Mom never knew how to say no either. If someone needed a volunteer, a favor, a job to be done mom could always be counted on.I tried to teach her in her later yrs she was allowed to say she couldn't but that wasn't mom. She always did special little things for all of us-thoughtful things. There wasn't a holiday,birthday or special occasion that went by when mom didn't send a card. Sometimes she would be the ONLY one who would remember you on a certain date. She never missed either!
She also taught us kids to let other ppl know you appreciated what they did. Thank you were the 2 biggest words in her vocabulary.
Mom could quilt,knit,cook and sew like nobody's business. She made some of the most beautiful quilts and we put together a photo album of them. She did the quilts to be handed out for fire victims. I can't think of the name of their quilting group off the top of my head but they did some good work for people who lost everything to a fire.
(It will probably come back to me later.)
Mom was active even when she was fighting cancer. In fact, she was up and about in the best of spirits the day before she died. She had a normal day that Monday and left us on Tues morning. Cancer didn't stop her from being around people even when she was told to avoid crowds when she had chemotherapy. She just loved people,btw she wasn't one to suffer fools gladly either.
Mom had battled cancer for years and her last check up showed no cancer.
I don't know how that could have happened and had they caught it. Still,i think that we could have lost her many times over the years(the same with dad).If i go on i could write a book about mother but i know that your own mother did all those little things you remember too. Our mothers are giving ppl in different ways but all giving. Finally,my mom showed me her special love for Our Blessed Mother. She and dad were devout Catholics. The Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary is celebrated on September 8,my mom's birthday, hence the name Marie. They also sent us to Catholic school and we learned a great respect for Holy Mother,the Church.
I will close this blog with mom's(and mine both)favorite song. It was her and dad's wedding song. The most beautiful piece of music ever written (imho),called the Ave Maria,in her honor and for ALL mom's out there.

boxerpaws
boxerpaws
Admin

https://getlevinitized.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit